I discovered my favorite breakfast when I skeptically added Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) to my diet a couple of years ago. I found ACV it listed amongst home remedies for some fibromyalgia related stomach issues I was having. Much to my surprise, I found that I do actually feel better overall when I include apple cider vinegar in my daily routine. This quick breakfast was one of those that I came up with to get a bit more ACV into my diet.
In addition to the apple cider vinegar, this bagel also gets topped with a protein rich cream cheese and sprouts to boost the nutrients. When I’m looking for a quick bite to eat before heading to the gym, this is a “go to.” I’m sharing it with you now because it reminds me of the bright, fresh tastes of Spring.
Here’s What You Need To Build Your Breakfast
- Everything Bagel – Honestly you can use any savory bagel, but these are my favorite.
- Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar – Drizzle about 3 tbsp of onto the inner surface of your bagel before you add the cream cheese.
- Greek Cream Cheese – This type of cream cheese has added protein that’s important to fight off drops in blood sugar and keep you going.
- Sprouts – My choice is a spicy sprout blend that includes radish and clover. Don’t trust store sprouts? Grow your own!
- Cracked Pepper – Just a dash to add some pop.
Oh hey! I need to let you know that apple cider vinegar (ACV) does NOT treat fibromyalgia. However, many fibromyalgia patients seem to believe that it helps relieve a number of symptoms. If you want to give ACV a try, be sure you’re buying a brand that has “the mother” still inside the bottle, such as Bragg. If you would like to know more about just what ACV does and doesn’t do, check out this article from superfoodly.com.
And if you try my recipe at home, be sure to leave a comment below and let me know how you liked it!